Medallion is proud to offer you...
- Certified swim instructors
- Fun learning mode in a safe environment
- A balanced program that teaches swimming skills and how to be safe in the water.
- Session #1: June 5 - 16
- Session #2: June 19 - 30
- Session #3: July 10 - 21
- Session #4: July 24 - August 4
- Morning sessions will be 10:30am and 11 am
- Evening sessions will be 5:45pm and 6:15pm
Private Swim Lessons
This program is designed specifically to meet the needs of the individual. Lessons are ½ hour long with an instructor who provides individualized attention at the participants pace.
- 1/2 hour private lesson with certified instructor
- 1/2 hour semi-private lesson with certified instructor
- 45 Minute Swim Team Specific Private Lesson with certified instructor
Swim Lessons Policies
- Registration is accepted on a space of availability basis. Medallion Members have priority, as space is limited.
- After registering for lessons, refunds will not be given for swim lesson cancelled by participants. The only exception would be a written medical note from students physician.
- Medallion reserves the right to move students up or down into levels appropriate to the students swimming ability.
- We reserve the rights to cancel programs with low enrollment-swim lessons require a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 8 participants per instructor.
- Make-up lessons are not given for missed classes. If we have to cancel a class due to weather, we will make that class up on the Saturday at the end of the session. We only guarantee eight lessons per sessions.
- We have no control over the weather. We will hold swimming and hydro-fitness classes unless there is lightening in the area, or if we cannot see the bottom of the pool due to heavy rain.
- The pool is heated, and we will make sure that the classes are planned to keep the students warm.
- Assume your registration is confirmed and the lessons will meet as scheduled unless you are notified otherwise.
Swim Lesson Descriptions
- Guppy Swim Lesson (3 years old & up): Children who enjoy the water and want to explore what swimming’s all about should register for this class. This class introduces the skills that children will build upon as they move through the progression of swim lessons and learning stroke technique and water safety. Objectives will include: submerging for 3 seconds or more, supported front and back floats, kicking, bubble blowing, alternate arm action and safety skills. Children must be at least age 3. Parents will not be permitted in the water with the swimmer.
- Tadpole Swim Lessons (3 - 8 years old): Children who are comfortable in the water and understand basic skills should register for this class. Swimmers who can meet the prerequisites of Guppy objectives would benefit from this class. Objectives include independent front and back crawl, elementary backstroke kick, and placing the head under the water when stroking. Most students require 2 or more sessions before completing all objectives.
- Turtle Swim Lessons (4 - 12 years old): Children who are ready to learn the basic details of the front crawl, back crawl, and elementary backstroke should sign up for this class. Students should have passed the Tadpole and/or can meet the prerequisites. Children should be comfortable in the 3.5-4ft water, float on their back and front independently, swim front crawl with arm strokes and kick for 5 yards. Objectives include: gliding with push off, coordinating components of the front and back crawl, elementary backstroke, treading water, bobbing, basics of diving and more.
- Minnow Swim Lessons (5-12 years old): Children who are ready for more intricate details of stroke development and who have passed turtle and/or can meet the prerequisites should sign up for this class. Children at this level should be comfortable in deep water; swim front crawl with rhythmic breathing for 20 yards, swim back crawl for 20 yards, tread water for 30 seconds, and complete a dive from the seated position. Objectives include: deep water bobbing, rotary breathing, diving from the side of the pool, building endurance by swimming distances, the basic breaststroke, side stroke, turning at the wall and more.
- Porpoise Swim Lessons (5-12 years old): Children who can completely swim front crawl and back crawl, have a basic breaststroke understanding, and are ready for the refinement of technique should sign up for this class. They must have passed Minnow and/or can meet the prerequisites. Children at this level should be comfortable in deep water, swim front crawl with rhythmic breathing for 25 yards, swim back crawl for 25 yards, tread water for 1 minute and complete a dive from the standing position. Objectives include: alternate breathing, elementary backstroke, dolphin kick and the beginnings of the butterfly stroke.
- Shark Swim Lessons (6 -14 years old): Children with the basic understanding of the four major strokes (front crawl, back crawl, breast stroke, butterfly) should sign up for this class. They should be able to dive into deep water, perform the four basic strokes for 15 yards each and tread water for one minute. Objectives will vary according to the student’s needs and level. Objectives include: enhancing strokes, flip turns, breast and side stroke turns, endurance training and diving.
For more information contact Pete Ullimon, Aquatic Director at (614) 794-6999 ext. 335.